It is critical to build shared understanding of the guiding principles first so that we can then work to create an environment that is most conducive to safety and formation within these principles. Without the rationale behind specific protocols, we risk having them viewed predominantly as restrictive. Rather, we want to build a strong understanding of our new context and seek opportunities within it.
Our Guiding Principles
- COVID-19 is still present in our community.
- We are made for each other - We have a moral and professional responsibility to mitigate the spread to protect those who are most vulnerable.
- Limiting contact to infected respiratory droplets helps to mitigate the spread.
When determining protocols:
- The county public health guidance governs unless the state is more restrictive.
- It is critical that the process be collaborative and responsive.
- Keep social-emotional needs and equity of access at the forefront.
- Clear communication to build shared understanding is essential.